Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 255, click here.
1. ‘I’m Not A Bootlegger. Don’t Shoot, I’ll Stop’. Taken near the Mexican border, 1929.
2. Auto dealership using their front window broken by Babe Ruth to advertise, 1926.
3. Fidel Castro and Nikita Khruschev drink wine from horns in the Georgian SSR, 1963.
4. A French woman pours cider for a British Bren gunner, Lisieux, France, 22 August 1944.
5. Aerial picture of the attack on Pearl Harbor, taken from a Japanese dive bomber, Hawaii, 1941.
6. A Vietnamese soldier marching through a village near the Vietnam-Chinese border, Cao bằng, the Sino Vietnamese War, 1979.
7. A woman IRA volunteer on active service in West Belfast, the 1970s.
8. Buzz Aldrin takes the first selfie in space, 1966.
9. Two French legionnaires in Vietnam, the first Indochina war, 1950.
The photo was taken by Harrison Forman.
10. Photograph of a fallen soldier from the Battle of the Somme, 1916.
The photo was taken by German soldier Walter Kleinfeldt.