11. “With love”, Turkish lieutenant, 1947.
12. Crew of a Consolidated B-24 of the 8th Air Force at a base somewhere in England, 1943.
13. National Space Invaders Championships held by Atari Inc., 1979.
14. The Hindenburg flying low over Barrow-in-Furness, the UK on 23 May 1936 on an unexpected detour of northern England during its return from the USA to Frankfurt.
15. A North Vietnamese girl escorting an American pilot whose plane gets shot down by a North Vietnamese anti-air missile during Operation Linebacker II, Hanoi, 1972.
16. Notre Dame de Paris, 1920.
17. Doris Miller, Ship’s Cook Third Class is credited with shooting down several Japanese planes with a machine gun from the deck of the U.S.S. West Virginia during the attack on Pearl Harbor.
He was awarded the Navy Cross for his bravery.
18. The first air-to-air refueling, Long Beach, California, 12 November 1921.
Wesley May can be seen climbing from the Lincoln Standard up to the Curtiss Jenny with the rectangular fuel can strap to his back.