Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 265, click here.
1. Fourteen-year-old Mohawk and future Olympic gold medalist Waneek Horn-Miller cradling her younger sister after she herself was bayoneted in the chest by a Canadian soldier, Quebec, Oka Crisis, 26 September 1990.
2. Female snipers of the 3rd Shock Army, 1st Belorussian Front, 775 confirmed kills, Germany, May 1945.
3. A woman overlooking a snowy mountain pass in The Pyrenees Mountains, France, 1956.
4. Lockheed Martin employee Sally Wadsworth working on the fuselage of a P-38 Lightning in California, 1944.
5. A Chechen man prays during the First Battle of Grozny, January 1995.
The flame in the background is coming from a gas pipeline that was hit by shrapnel.
# 1 – she was a Pan Am Games gold medalist with the Canadian water polo team, best Olympics finish was fifth.