Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 270, click here.
1. Soldier stands beside his M60 machine gun, which is mounted on the steps of the U.S. Capitol to deter rioters from entering the building during the Martin Luther King Jr. assassination riots in Washington D.C., April 1968.
2. Little John F. Kennedy Jr. waiting for his Dad, President John F. Kennedy to land at Camp David, Maryland in October 1963.
JFK was assassinated the very next month.
3. 1858 picture of the last Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah II.
4. Firefighters battle a blaze in Montreal, 1889.
5. Simone Segouin was a French teenager who bravely fought on the front lines against the German occupiers and helped liberate the historic city of Chartres.
After the war ended, Simone was promoted to lieutenant and awarded the prestigious Croix de Guerre, 1944.