11. Koryak men wearing traditional armor with bows, Jesup North Pacific Expedition, Siberia, 1901.
The photo was taken by Vladimir Jochelson.
12. A South Vietnamese woman crying over a plastic bag containing the remains of her husband.
He was found in a mass grave of non-combatants murdered by Vietcong forces during the Tet Offensive, Vietnam, April 1969. The photo was taken by Larry Barrows.
13. An aerial view from British Airship R.9 showing ships of the British Royal Navy in the anchor, Firth of Forth, Scotland, 1916.
14. British Spy in Damascus, 1918.
15. A Jewish mother (Center) begs a British Medic (right) to take her two sons to the hospital immediately, Bergen Belsen, April 1945.
British Medical Posts were overwhelmed by the sheer number of sick so were forced to adopt a systematic evacuation programme. Note the Medic’s protective clothing.
16. Khevsurian Soldier in Chain Mail Armor, Georgian Caucasus, 1877.
17. Anti Aircraft Artillery rounds blazing over Baghdad during the opening strikes of Operation Desert Storm, 17 January 1991.
18. Jewish American soldiers hold service in Goebbels’ confiscated castle as Germany is liberated from Hitler, spring 1945.
19. Freddie Mercury attending a Japanese production of the musical Cats at the Osaka Shiki Theatre during a trip to Japan, 1986.
20. A Native American looks down upon a newly completed section of the Transcontinental Railroad, 435 miles from Sacramento, California, 1867.
The photo was taken by Alfred A. Hart.