21. A Jewish woman who is concealing her face sits on a park bench marked “Only for Jews”, Austria, 1938.
22. Strike supporters flee mounted special constables during the Battle of Featherston Street, a confrontation in Wellington during New Zealand’s 1913 Great Strike.
23. Three young Communist women from Zagreb, their hands bound, are laughing in front of their grave just before being shot, Independent State of Croatia, June 1941.
24. Imperial Japanese troops using Nationalist Chinese Prisoners for bayonet practice, Nanking Massacre, December 1937 – January 1938.
25. East German border guard Konrad Schumann jumping over barbed wire to cross into West Germany, Berlin, 15 August 1961.
The photo was taken by Peter Leibing.