Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 279, click here.
1. The Procrastinators Club of America protesting against former President James Madison and the War of 1812, Philadelphia, 9 March 1966.
2. San Francisco’s iconic Cliff House, shortly before it was destroyed by fire in 1907.
3. Burial at sea on the USS Intrepid, November 1944.
4. A native American man looking over the newly completed transcontinental railroad in Nevada, 1869.
5. Hungarian-Italian p*rn Star Cicciolina (Ilona Staller) says goodbye to Soviet tanks leaving Hungary, 12 March 1990.
6. Richard Nixon’s loyal secretary Rose Mary Woods takes one for the team as she demonstrates her implausible claim that she erased part of an incriminating White House audiotape when she answered the phone while transcribing the tape, 1974.
7. Demonstration against Prohibition, Chicago, the 1920s.
8. Somali socialites in Mogadishu, 1970.
9. A crew-member inspects the flak damage to his B29 after a raid on Tokyo, April 1945.
10. German soldiers crossing the border into the Soviet Union, Operation Barbarossa, 22 June 1941.