Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 285, click here.
1. Anti NAZI demonstration in Berlin, 1932.
2. Harlem, New York, 1948.
The photograph was taken by Gordon Parks.
3. Survivors of HMAS Armidale on a raft after their ship was sunk by Japanese air attack, December 1942.
A Catalina flying boat later took this photo but was unable to assist due to rough seas. The survivors were never found again.
4. The 7th Infantry Regiment attached to the 3rd Infantry Division drinks Hitler’s wine on the patio of the Berghof, his Bavarian residence, below the Eagle’s Nest, 1945.
5. Female models wearing swimsuits and Ortho Ammonium Sulfate bags, posed next to bagging machines, 1956.
6. Sir David Attenborough as a young man, late 1950s.
7. President John F. Kennedy and Ivory Coast President Felix Houphouet-Boigny in a bubble-top limousine, 22 May 1962.
8. Street in Hong Kong, the 1950s.
9. ‘I am an American’ sign displayed by a Japanese-American store owner, Oakland, California, United States, 8 Dec. 1941.
10. Queen Ranavalona III the last sovereign of the Kingdom of Madagascar, between 1890 and 1895.