Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 287, click here.
1. Indian soldiers burying dead Pakistani soldiers according to Islamic rituals after Pakistan refused to accept their bodies, Kargil war, 1999.
2. A group of frontiersmen with an advertisement, United States, Montana, 1901.
3. Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards soars above a roaring crowd at the 1988 Winter Olympics.
He finished last.
4. Photograph entitled “Wait for Me, Daddy”.
It shows a child running to his father, a Canadian soldier, before being deployed during WWII. Behind you can see his mother, 1 October 1940.
5. One of the many selfies that Emperor Nicholas II took throughout his life, 1868-1918.