11. A woman sat in a wagon reserved for white people to protest against racist segregation laws during Apartheid, South Africa, 1952.
12. Judy Garland (bottom right) and her sisters in 1935.
That year, they stopped performing under their birth name, Gumm and took the stage name Garland for future performances.
13. A Nationalist Chinese soldier with a friend on his pack, Burma, 1945.
14. Female snipers of the Soviet 3rd Shock Army.
Bottom Row, left to right: 20, 80, and 83 confirmed kills. Second row: 24, 79, 70. Third row: 70, 89, 89, 83. Top row: 64 and 24 confirmed kills, Germany, 4 May 1945.
15. A worker leans out over the city as he works on the construction of the Empire State Building, 1931.
16. A Vietnamese soldier holding a flower with his rifle during the march to the frontline, The Sino-Vietnamese war, 1979.
17. Serbian soldier somewhere in Croatia during Yugoslav wars, 1991-1995.
18. Group of prewar support troops, 3rd Infantry Division, Hawaii, 1933.
19. A Soviet anti-aircraft gun crew shoots at enemy planes during the Siege of Leningrad, 9 October 1942.
The Peter and Paul Fortress can be seen in the background.