Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 295, click here.
1. A German-Jewish WWI veteran wears his Iron Cross while a Nazi soldier stands in front of his shop for intimidation, 1933.
2. A hippie girl selling roadside flowers in Oklahoma, 1973.
3. Kubrick taking a photo with daughter Vivian, on the set of The Shining. Nicholson thought he himself was the photo’s subject, 1980.
4. Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy is married to Greek magnate Aristotle Onassis, 1968.
5. George N. Barnard’s 1864 photograph of a slave trader’s business on Whitehall Street, Atlanta, Georgia, shows a United States Colored Troop Infantryman [Corporal] just by the door.
6. Santa Claus with the children during the Croatian War, Vukovar, 1992.
7. Chevrolet Vega being loaded on a rail car, specially designed to vertically transport 30 per car, 1971.
8. Soviet mothers who lost their sons in the Red Army are held back by State militia as they hold photographs of their loved ones in Red Square, on 24 December 1990.
9. Photo of Russian Mystic and Healer Grigori Rasputin.
10. British troops rehearsing in drag for their Christmas charity performance are suddenly called to deal with the approach of Luftwaffe bombers flying across the Channel to mount raids over southern England, with no time to change, 1940.