11. Mehmed VI, the last sultan of the Ottoman Empire, 1922.
12. Following a hard day, a few members of Company “A,” 3rd Battalion, 22nd Infantry, 25th Infantry Division, gather around a guitar player and sing a few songs, 18 January 1968.
13. Civil rights activist James Meredith lies on Highway 51 just south of Hernando, Mississippi after being shot during his March Against Fear, 6 June 1966.
The gunman, Aubrey James Norvell, is seen in the bushes on the left.
14. A German sentry in full equipment in an advanced position on the Western Front, 23 May 1918.
15. “Race mixing is communist!” White citizens protest the desegregation of their schools in Little Rock, Alabama, July 1957.
16. James Meredith, civil rights activist and the first black man to be admitted to the University of Mississippi, graduates with a bachelor’s in political science, 18 August 1963.
17. Benito Mussolini is beaten and arrested after taking part in protests against Italy joining WWI, 1915.
18. Russian settlers in Kazakhstan, 1911.
The photo was taken by Sergei Prokudin-Gorsky.