Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 300, click here.
1. A view of the destruction in Old Town Dresden from the Town Hall tower, 15 Feb. 1945.
2. Afghan Girl, 1984.
3. “One of America’s youngest newsboys. Four years old and regular seller, Tampa, Florida,” 1913.
4. A Soviet Mi-8 helicopter flying past one of the two Buddhas of Bamiyan, Afghanistan, 1980.
5. Vice President Al Gore prepares to talk to White House staff in December 1998, after President Clinton had just been impeached.
6. A soldier comforting another soldier during the Korean War.
7. King Victor Emmanuel III presiding over the opening ceremony of the XXX Legislature of the Kingdom of Italy, 1939.
8. Lower Manhattan in 1980.
The twin towers can be seen in the very background.