Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 304, click here.
1. African Americans lined up to volunteer in the Ethiopian military, New York City, 1935.
2. Weapons and ammunition found in Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow’s car after their death, 1934.
3. The early years of Nintendo, 1895.
The company was still printing hand-crafted playing cards only.
4. Kitty Brunell, the only woman ever to have won the RAC Rally, working on her Singer Junior at the Monte Carlo Rally, 1928.
5. Florence DiTullio Joyce, the first woman welder hired at the Fore River Shipyard, Quincy Massachusetts, in the 1940s.