Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 309, click here.
1. A British blacksmith removing the leg irons off a slave, 1907.
2. Babies left to sleep outside, enforcing immune system, Moscow, 1958.
3. Nelson Mandela at a South African Communist Party rally, Soweto, 1990.
4. Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel signing the Instrument of Surrender of the German Wehrmacht at the Soviet headquarters in Karlshorst, Berlin, May 1945.
After trial, he was sentenced to death and executed in Nuremberg Prison by hanging in 1946.
5. Two boys asleep at 2 a.m. in the press room of the Sun newspaper, NYC, 1892.
The photo was taken by Jacob Riis.