Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 314, click here.
1. Man reading comics while being tattooed, Tokyo, Japan, 1970.
The photo was by Martha Cooper.
2. Three former directors of the Global Smallpox Eradication Program read the news that Smallpox had been globally eradicated, 1980.
3. A Navajo smile, 1904.
The photo was taken by Edward Curtis.
4. Parisian resistance fighters shooting at Nazi occupiers from a window, 1944.
5. Born in Japan, 1751 and died on 7 July 1977 at a grand old age of 226, koi Hanako was the oldest koi fish ever recorded.
6. The funeral of the former President of the Republic of China Chiang Kai-shek in Taipei, 16 April 1975.
7. Leo Tolstoy, 17 y.o., Russia, 1845.
8. USSR leader Gorbachev and DDR chairman Honecker performing a socialist fraternal kiss.
9. A bullet-riddled and a bayonet-pierced portrait of Mussolini in Sicily somewhere around the city of Messina, 1943.
10. An American soldier chats with a sunbathing German girl in postwar Berlin, Germany, 1945.