11. FBI Fingerprint Archive, 1944.
12. 1931 women’s rifle team, University of Idaho.
13. A crowd of young men queuing at the Army Recruiting Office at Walworth Town Hall, Wansey Street, Walworth, Southwark in south London, England during Lord Derby’s recruitment campaign, 1915.
14. The airship LZ-129 “Hindenburg” at Lakehurst Airfield, New Jersey, USA, 1936.
15. Showgirls play chess between shows at New York’s Latin Quarter Nightclub, 1958.
The photo was taken by Gordon Parks.
16. Russian President Boris Yeltsin (left) dancing at a rock concert in Rostov during his re-election campaign, 10 June 1996.
17. Guerilla commander Nieves Fernandez shows an American soldier how she used her knife to kill unsuspecting Japanese soldiers during their occupation of the Philippines, 1944.
18. The Life Magazine predicting the fashion style in the 1950s, 1914.
19. In Lieu of a stethoscope, Albert-André Nast, a blind doctor, holds his ear to the back of a baby, France, 1953.
20. The King of Siam in Procession.
From a photo album from Karl Krüsi (1855-1925), put together in the 1870s. From the archives of the Swiss National Museum.