Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 317, click here.
1. Stoney First Nation member, guide Samson Beaver with his wife Leah and their daughter Frances Louise, 1907.
The photo was taken by Mary Schäffer.
2. Rail commuters wearing white protective masks, one with the additional message “wear a mask or go to jail,” during the 1918 influenza pandemic in California.
3. J.K. Rowling writing Harry Potter at a café in Scotland, 1998.
4. American film actress Veronica Lake illustrates what can happen to women war workers who wear their hair long while working at their benches, in a factory somewhere in America, on 9 November 1943.
5. Abraham Lincoln lying in state in New York’s City Hall on 24 April 1865.