Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 318, click here.
1. British schoolboys holding discarded syringes, the 1970s.
2. Bill Clinton & White House intern, Monica Lewinsky, 1998.
3. Ronald Reagan pictured next to Emperor Hirohito, 9 November 1983.
4. A portrait of Buck Colbert Franklin, an attorney who notably defended the survivors of the 1921 Tulsa race massacre, ca. 1901.
5. King Frederik the 9th of Denmark showing off his ink around, 1946-1950.
6. Kids having fun at east 167th street, South Bronx, New York, 1973.
7. Christmas day in Vukovar, Croatian War, 1992.
8. Young people sit on a barricade in front of the Russian White House in central Moscow on 20 August 1991, during the abortive coup.
9. Marcus Garvey, founder of the Universal Negro Improvement Association, wearing his signature uniform as “Provisional President of Africa” during a parade through Harlem, NYC, c. August 1922.
10. Iowa class battleship leads a battlegroup in 1987.
Incredible to see how much larger the Iowa class was than anything other than a supercarrier.