Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 345, click here.
1. President George W. Bush aboard Air Force One after the 9/11 attacks, 11 September 2001.
2. The aftermath of the Tulsa massacre, 1921.
3. Piotr Chemy, a young Polish man who survived a concentration camp, is readied for his execution after being convicted of murdering a German family.
The family had found him wandering on a snowy night, fed him, and gave him a bed. Chemy killed them as they slept, Landsberg Prison, 1947.
4. Miss World Reita Faria (of India) signing the cap of an American soldier in South Vietnam, 1966.
5. An old Chechen woman leaving her home with just a portrait of her husband and rugs.
Russian soldiers gave her just 5 minutes to pack her bags and leave before they destroyed her home and everything in it. Her sons and husband were already dead. She had lost everything, Grozny, May 1995.
6. Actress Tippi Hedren playing in the pool with her pet lion, Neil, 1971.
7. Three stone masons spent 14 years building an iconic monument in the world’s largest sculpture park, but got no credit for it, Oslo, Norway.
The photo was taken between 1929 and 1942.