Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 354, click here.
1. British schoolgirls in Hyde Park, London protest caning, a form of corporal punishment, 1972.
2. Cow shoes used by Moonshiners in the Prohibition days to disguise their footprints, 1922.
3. U.S. Marines drive into Argonne Forest, France during the Meuse-Argonne offensive, c. 1918.
4. Alsatian children, Alsace, circa 1900.
5. John Wayne at 23-years-old, 1930.
6. Peasant girls with berries in a village near Vologda, Russian Empire.
The photo was taken by Prokudin-Gorsky in 1909.