Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 356, click here.
1. Bride leaving her recently bombed home to get married, London, 4 Nov 1940.
2. Robert McGee was scalped as a child by Sioux Indians, in 1890.
3. Sleeping kitty, 1930.
The photograph was taken by Alton Blackington.
4. Adolf Hitler gets gift from two Santa Clauses during a Christmas party given by the Chief of the Chancellery in Berlin, 25th December 1937.
5. Bulgarian bride and groom on their wedding day, the Sofia region, Bulgaria, 1893.
6. Eskimo girls holding puppies, Alaska ca., 1904.
7. Chief of Staff Andy Card whispers into the ear of President George W. Bush to give him word of the plane crashes into the World Trade Center, during a visit to the Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Tuesday, 11 Sept., 2001.
8. YB-49 flying wing prototype during a routine test flight, 1947.
9. Volunteer military nurse, Virgínia Portocarrero, in Italy during her time in the Brazilian expeditionary Force 1943-1945.
Very popular among the troops for her beauty, songs were dedicated to her. Return as a decorated nurse, she would return to the army in 1957, becoming captain in 1963.