Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 68, click here.
1. Hiroshima before and after the atomic bombing – August 6, 1945.
2. Bosnian Muslim refugees
Bosnian Muslim refugees arrive at New York’s JFK International Airport, 1993.
3. Sicilian peasant with an American soldier
Sicilian peasant telling an American soldier which way the Germans had gone. Siciliy, 1943.
4. Mafia boss Joe Masseria
Mafia boss Joe Masseria lays dead on a Brooklyn restaurant floor holding the ace of spades, 1931.
5. Gustave Eiffel’s secret apartment
Gustave Eiffel had a secret apartment in his famous tower.
6. Information desk, Trans World Airlines Terminal, John F. Kennedy Airport, New York, New York, by Balthazar Korab, between 1956-6.
Dinosaurs being transported to the New York World’s Fair, 1964.
8. Two female moonshiners arrested by federal agents (1921)
9. A white child touches the shield of a black state trooper at a KKK rally in Gainesville, GA, 1992.
10. The infamous two Korean men defending a grocery store during the L.A Riots April 30, 1992.
Two Korean men stand on the roof of a grocery store with rifles to prevent looters from entering the store. LA riots, April 30th, 1992.