Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 78, click here.
1. Man’s spectacles explode after being struck by a policeman’s truncheon, 1960’s.
2. U.S. Marine: Battle of Saipan , 1944.
3. A German mortar crew in the ruins of Stalingrad, August, 1942.
4. Older New Orleans woman with her young enslaved servant woman, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S., in the 1850s.
5. German youths studying the differences between Aryans and Jews (1943).
6. Montreal Biosphère fire, 1976.
7. Canadians giving a lorry a helping hand on a shell battered road on Vimy Ridge. April, 1917.
8. The Fernie Swastikas were a women’s hockey team that was formed in 1922 in Fernie, British Columbia.
Their uniform used as a symbol the swastika, which before World War II was a common religious symbol.