21. B-17 waist gunner defending his aircraft, WWII, 1944.
22. Trying to identify the purest Dutch.
Trying to identify the purest Dutch, skulls were measured by anthropologists along the shores of the Zuiderzee and on the Frisian Islands. The Netherlands, Urk, 1912.
23. Hundreds of WW1 British cavalry massed on the horizon, April 13 1917 British tank (No. 790) in the FG.
24. Two female munitions workers.
Two female munitions workers at the National Shell Filling Factory in Chillwell, Nottinghamshire during the First World War, 1917.
25. Lower east side Manhattan. ca early 1970s.
About 5#… you know, it wasn’t really necessary to call Gagarin a ‘communist’. With the same logic, you could show a picture of Neil Armstrong on the moon and go with the title “Capitalist Neil Armstrong…”. Call Gagarin a Russian or Soviet, or whatever. I don’t think the first cosmonauts and arstronauts really gave two sh*ts about political affiliation…