Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 87, click here.
1. Thiers, France (Photochrom) 1890-1900.
2. Jeremy Corbyn at an anti-Apartheid protest in London, 1984.
3. 1925 Soviet Union family listens to an evening broadcast.
4. An American soldier standing in the ruined Monument to the Battle of Nations in Leipzig, Germany, 1945.
5. President Lyndon B. Johnson at the signing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
6. Adolf Hitler greeting a blinded WWI veteran in Chemnitz in late 1931.
7. A young mother wheels her baby into a derelict Gorbals tenement in Glasgow, Scotland (1970).
8. The leader of the Republic of China General Chiang Kai-shek.
The leader of the Republic of China General Chiang Kai-shek standing next to the leader of the People’s Republic of China Mao Zedong, 1945.
9. The Beasts of Bergen-Belsen: Women SS guards.
10. The corpse of a Russian soldier stands rigidly in a clearing during the Winter War.
This scare tactic was used by Finnish troops to intimidate Russians invaders as they advanced through hellish winter conditions. Finland, December 1939.