Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 93, click here.
1. Displaced African-Americans line up at relief station during Great Depression. Louisville, Kentucky, 1937.
2. British soldiers fire their rifles at German aircraft flying overhead during the evacuation of Dunkirk, May-June 1940.
3. Jackie Bouvier Kennedy and John F. Kennedy cut the cake at their wedding. September 12, 1953, Newport, Rhode Island.
4. Warsaw Prudential building hit by a 2-ton German shell, 1944.
5. An elephant used by German soldiers to move heavy logs near the Western Front of World War I, 1915.
6. Memphis sanitation workers marched during a strike for better wages and working conditions. March 1968.
7. Dr. Von Braun stands by the five F-1 engines of the Saturn V Dynamic Test Vehicle on display at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
The engines measured 19-feet tall by 12.5-feet at the nozzle exit, the 1960s.