Here are this week’s interesting historical photos. For part 95, click here.
1. Inside of an Airplane in 1930.
2. Amelia Earhart and an unknown man standing in front of her single-prop plane in Burbank. California, 1932.
3. A soldier who lost both his legs in World War I, playing a game of billiards, 1915.
4. A destroyed Japanese H8K flying boat is examined by men of the US Army, October 24, 1943.
5. Two children wearing Ku Klux Klan robes and hoods.
They stand on either side of Dr. Samuel Green, Ku Klux Klan Imperial Wizard, at an initiation ceremony. Atlanta, Georgia, July 24, 1948.
6. Japanese soldiers marching in The Streets of Wuhan, China, 1938.
7. Wrecked Italian aircraft in Tripoli, Libya, 1943.
9. The torpedoed Japanese destroyer Yamakaze.
The torpedoed Japanese destroyer Yamakaze, as seen through the periscope of an American submarine, USS Nautilus, June 1942.
10. A Liberian army soldier stands ready to execute a former cabinet minister following the 1980 coup.
The minister in the photo: Cecil Dennis, 1980.