16-20 Kickass Random Facts
16. All astronauts have to learn how to speak Russian, and all cosmonauts have to learn how to speak English. – Source
17. In 2013, an expedition to recover bodies from a tugboat sunk at 30-meter depth found one survivor trapped in an air bubble, in pitch black, after 3 days. – Source
18. In the original story, Pinocchio squished the cricket to shut it up. It continued nagging him as a ghost. – Source
19. Roman Emperor Caligula was told that he had “no more chance of becoming emperor than of riding a horse across the Bay of Baiae”. He then built a two-mile temporary floating bridge and walked his horse across. – Source
20. The Yao tribe in Africa uses the Greater Honeyguide bird to help them find bees. They have learned how to communicate with the birds, with a “Brrr-Hm” grunt, that the birds know to mean “let’s go find honey”. – Source
21-25 Kickass Random Facts
21. Abercrombie & Fitch was originally a sporting goods store best known for their expensive shotguns. Ernest Hemingway killed himself with his favorite shotgun, which was purchased from Abercrombie & Fitch. – Source
22. Iran has the highest female to male ratio in universities among all sovereign nations. More than 70% of students in engineering and pure sciences are women. – Source
23. Peter Fechter, an 18-year-old East German was shot by East German troops trying to cross the Berlin Wall, he was caught in barbed wire, and bled to death in front of the world’s media, as police tried to throw him bandages. – Source
24. Most of the radio broadcasts that Robin Williams delivered in the movie ‘Good Morning Vietnam’ were improvised by him. – Source
25. The writer of Peter Pan (J.M.Barrie) had a brother named David (his mother’s favorite) who died at the age of 12. Barrie’s mother found comfort in the fact that her dead son would remain a boy forever, never to grow up and leave her. This is why the children in his story do not grow old. – Source
If you guys would have posted this yesterday, it would have went with pi day (3.14)
Caligula was the great grandson of Caesar Augustus, and the adopted grandson of Tiberius.
He had much more than a fair chance of becoming emperor.