16-20 Kickass Random Facts
16. When asked why nerve gas was not used in Normandy, Hermann Göring said the Nazis were dependent upon horse-drawn transport to move supplies to their combat units, and had never been able to devise a gas mask that horses could tolerate. – Source
17. The illustrator of Animorphs cover didn’t read the books when he was working on them and has never contacted the author although she sent him Christmas presents with candy. Publishers discourage illustrators from developing relations with authors. – Source
18. Cat kidneys are so efficient, they can survive on a diet consisting only of meat, with no additional water, and can even rehydrate by drinking seawater. – Source
19. There is a disease called Witzelsucht, that some call the Joker Disease. It can “cause people to make jokes, puns, and engage in what could be considered inappropriate conversation and/or behaviour.” – Source
20. The Citizens Commission on Human Rights, the top search result for reporting mental health abuses, is run by Scientology. – Source
21-25 Kickass Random Facts
21. George Takei spent part of his childhood in an American internment camp. – Source
22. China & Nepal disagreed over the height of Mount Everest. Nepal wanted to include the height of the snow on the summit, and China only wanted to state the height of the rock. They argued for 5 years. It was a 4m difference. – Source
23. Dolphins have personal names: unique whistles to which they respond, even when sound is synthesized. – Source
24. 80% of lightning strike victims are male. – Source
25. An Irish priest was offered free travel on the Titanic to New York but his superior told him to “Get off that ship”. The rest of his life he would tell people “it was the only time holy obedience ever saved a man’s life”. – Source
Sarah Rector wasn’t even _alive_ in 1973, given that she died in 1967. Cursory googling suggests that you might have meant 1913, but I’m not sure of that.
C’mon, I like your site, given that you provide links to sources, but a little fact checking wouldn’t hurt.
The year mentioned in the Sarah Rector fact is incorrect.