Here are 25 kickass random facts. For part 321, click here.
1-5 Kickass Random Facts
1. Some people in the USA modify their cars to produce thick black diesel smoke to protest/annoy cyclists and environmentalist. It’s called ‘Rolling Coal’. – Source
2. Stan Lee’s eyesight has deteriorated to the point where he can no longer read comic books. – Source
3. The half-penny was discontinued in 1857 when the U.S realized it was worth too little; however, when the half-penny was removed, it had more purchasing power than today’s dime. – Source
4. After a bank teller refused to validate John Barrier’s 50 cent parking because he was dressed poorly, he withdrew his million dollars from his account and took it to the bank across the street. – Source
5. A Cleveland woman was ordered by a judge to stand on a corner during rush hour on two days holding a sign that read “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus”, after notoriously disregarding the law and laughing at the charges. – Source
6-10 Kickass Random Facts
6. According to psychologist Arthur Aron, there are 36 questions that could lead to love. Each question is more probing than the previous one and leads to a mutual vulnerability that fosters closeness. The final exercise is to stare into each other’s eyes for 4 minutes. – Source
7. At one of Tokyo’s busiest train stations, a rail line was converted from an above-ground line into a subway. There were zero service interruptions. The lowering of the rail line’s tracks into its subway position was done in one night, during its normal service off hours lasting ~4 hours. – Source
8. Two brothers once sold a fake Goya painting for €1.5 million, only to later find out that all the money was counterfeit. – Source
9. Scientology leader David Miscavige’s mother-in-law was found dead with three gunshot wounds to the chest and one to the head. Her death was ruled a suicide. – Source
10. Hazel Ying-Lee, the first Chinese-American woman to fly for the US military during WWII, once had to make an emergency landing in a field in Kansas. A nearby farmer chased Hazel around her plane with a pitchfork, screaming to his neighbors that the Japanese were invading. – Source
11-15 Kickass Random Facts
11. Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball avoided using ethnic jokes, as well as humour based on physical handicaps or mental disabilities during the run of “I Love Lucy” due to a belief in “basic good taste”. – Source
12. A German explorer/soldier became famous for evading capture by British forces in New Guinea during WWI. Hermann Detzner’s book ‘Four Years Among the Cannibals’ detailed his exploits and remarkable scientific discoveries. He made everything up, and just hid in one place for four years. – Source
13. The head of the Nazi SA “brownshirt” paramilitary group was gay, appointed other gays to prominent Nazi SA positions & was so close to Hitler, he was the only person who called him by nicknames like “Adi” instead of “Mein fuhrer”. – Source
14. Owen the hippo got washed away from it’s mother. It then bonded with a giant 130 year old tortoise instead. – Source
15. The reason people in Florida are always in the news is because their Police records are public. – Source
#17 isn’t very accurate.
The source states that 69% have less than $1000 in a *savings account*, not “in savings”.
Which is a GOOD thing!
A savings account pays about .5% on average, where as the market returns 6% on average.
No one should have a savings account in this day and age.
I am part of the 69%, but to suggest I don’t have “savings” is absurd.
I have 5 figures in a checking account and 6, nearly 7 figures invested, and easily accessible.
Plus there’s 401k, IRAs, etc.
Hey, that’s really cool, Bob. Do you ever shut the f**k up?