Here are 25 kickass random facts. For part 441, click here.
1-5 Kickass Random Facts
1. The Przewalski’s horse was long considered the last wild horse on Earth to never be domesticated at any point in history. However, a 2018 study found that they are actually descendants of domesticated horses owned by a long-extinct ancient civilization. – Source
2. Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen never played chess in their life until the movie X-Men required them to do so. A chess master came in to teach them. – Source
3. The musical, Fiddler on the roof, is one of the most popular American musicals in Japan. This is due to its themes heavily resonating with the country; generational conflict, especially among fathers and daughters, whether or not to hold onto tradition or let go of it, and the urgency of change. – Source
4. Every single German spy sent to Britain during WWII were either imprisoned or recruited as a double agent fooling the entire German High Command and massively contributing to the victory. – Source
5. Dietary Iron is required for the production of sleep monoamine neurotransmitters, so a lack of Iron causes severe sleep disturbances. A study showed that deficiency in Iron also had a significant increase in Anxiety and Depression. – Source
6-10 Kickass Random Facts
6. Celery was a very popular food in the 1800s through early 1900s. It was the third most popular menu ingredient in New York City restaurants, behind coffee and tea. The celery cost more than caviar because it was so hard to cultivate in those days. – Source
7. Two nuns teaching at a California Elementary School embezzled approximately $500,000 from their employer over a ten year period to fund their trips and casino visits. No charges are being pursued. – Source
8. “The Matrix” wanted Sandra Bullock as “Neo” before Keanu Reeves took the role. The producers had such a hard time finding the right man for the role that they briefly considered changing Neo into a female character. She was also considered for the part of Trinity and regretted not taking it. – Source
9. In 2005, a psychologist and an economist taught a group of monkeys the concept of money. Soon, the monkeys began to engage in prostitution. – Source
10. During a speech, the elderly former slave and abolitionist Sojourner Truth was accused by a man in the crowd of not being a female, to which she responded by exposing and shaking a withered breast at him and asked: “Want a suck?” – Source
11-15 Kickass Random Facts
11. President Coolidge and his wife had a pet raccoon named Rebecca who lived with them in the White House. Rebecca was supposed to be eaten for the 1926 Thanksgiving dinner, but they adopted her instead. – Source
12. In 2015, the waiting time for organ transplants in America decreased for the first time in 25 years and it’s been decreasing ever since. The reason, however, is the massive increase in drug overdose deaths. – Source
13. Queen Elizabeth II retains real powers like the ability to dissolve the Australian and Canadian parliaments. – Source
14. Houston is the only major US city without single-use zoning. Retail, office enterprises, and homes are free to mix as the market demands. – Source
15. Sylvester Stallone kept the two turtles, “Cuff” and “Link” from the 1976 movie Rocky, and they are still alive today at 44! – Source
You need a rewrite of #25 ‘ Einstein never received a Nobel prize for relativity and he did not attend his prize giving,’…. so he never received one but he also didn’t attend when he did receive one? Here’s the facts:
Did Albert Einstein attend the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony?
Answer: The Nobel Prize was announced on 9 November 1922. Being too remote from Sweden, Albert Einstein could not attend the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony in Stockholm on 10 December the same year.