Here is 25 Kickass Random Facts List #83.
1-5 Kickass Random Facts
1. The closest point in the United States to Africa is Quoddy Head State Park, Maine. – Source
2. The dashed white lines that separate lanes on US highways are 10 feet long, which is the federal guideline for every street, highway, and rural road in the United States. – Source
3. Australia lost Prime Minister Harold Holt in 1967 after he went out swimming and he was never found. They also named a swimming pool after him, who most probably drowned. – Source
4. You can line up all 8 planets in our solar system directly next to each other and it would fit in the space between earth and the moon. – Source
5. If two galaxies were to collide, it’s unlikely that anything in them would touch. Galaxies are teeming with billions of stars but they are also very, very large. This means these stars are spread out, very spread out. To give you an idea of how sparse they are, the average particle in air is 500 times its own width from another particle. Our Sun is 29 million times its own width from the next nearest star. So when galaxies collide we certainly don’t see Hollywood style explosions; in fact, close up you probably wouldn’t notice much at all. The collisions are so tame that they are usually just referred to as ‘mergers’. – Source
6-10 Kickass Random Facts
6. North Korea and Finland are separated by just one country (Russia).
7. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia. – Source
8. The continent with the highest average education level is Antarctica.
9. Slayer’s first album was primarily funded by their bassist Tom Araya’s earnings as a respiratory therapist. – Source
10. Soaking potatoes in hydrogen peroxide will turn the hydrogen peroxide into clean drinkable water H2O. – Source
11-15 Kickass Random Facts
11. White Phosphorus was discovered when an 17th century alchemist when he collected almost 300 gallons of urine, let it rot, and then distilled the foul black sludge that resulted. – Source
12. It’s been mathematically proven that there are statements about mathematics which can’t be proven. Let that sink in for a second. We’ve managed to prove there are things that are impossible to prove. – Source
13. If you take all the molecules in a teaspoon of water and lined them up end to end in a single file line, they would stretch a staggering ~30 billion miles. – Source
14. Blucifer, the blue horse outside the Denver airport fell on and crushed the artist who created it. – Source
15. If the Earth were shrunk down to the size of a billiard ball, it would actually be smoother than one. – Source
16-20 Kickass Random Facts
16. Liquid tungsten is so hot that if you dropped it into a lava flow the lava would freeze the tungsten. – Source
17. When getting a Kidney transplant, removing the original Kidneys is deemed too invasive so they stuff the extra Kidney in your pelvis. – Source
18. The youngest known mother was 5 years old girl named Lina Medina in Peru. – Source
19. In the UK it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament. – Source
20. All the gold ever mined/collected wouldn’t be enough to fill 4 Olympic swimming pools. – Source
21-25 Kickass Random Facts
21. There are stars so far away that we cannot see their light because the universe has not existed long enough for their light to travel all the way to us
22. George Washington was sometimes referred to by his codename “Agent 711” in his capacity as a spymaster. – Source
23. Lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun – Source
24. Your foot is as long as your forearm. (see it yourself).
25. You could drive to ‘outer space’ in an hour, if your car could drive up. The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale has established the Kármán line at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) as a working definition for the boundary between aeronautics and astronautics. The US makes you an astronaut at 50 miles, and NASA declares 76 miles the entry surface. So highway speeds for most locations on earth. – Source