Here are this week’s uplifting headlines.
1-5 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
1. Legalizing gay marriage is dramatically lowering suicides rates, study shows. –Source
2. Gun-rights advocates pick-up trash after protesting peacefully in Richmond. – Source
3. An Indiana teenager is being honored after a distressed parent left a newborn child in a baby drop-off box he raised $10,000 to install. – Source
4. Man uses his coffee to free kittens frozen in the snow. – Source
5. Brewery puts local shelter dogs on beer cans to help them get adopted. – Source
6-10 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
6. Las Vegas Raiders pay $500K toward school lunch debt in Nevada. – Source
7. India shuts down the company making ozone-eating gas to fight climate change. – Source
8. This solar-powered barge cleans 50 tons of ocean trash a day. – Source
9. Experts want to free medical research and healthcare from ties to the commercial pharmaceutical industry. – Source
10. Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, commissions a greenhouse nursery in Nigeria to supply farmers with the best quality tomato seedlings, making Nigeria self-sufficient in tomato production. – Source
11-15 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
11. Low dose lithium may stop Alzheimer’s disease in its tracks. A study shows that, when given in a way that facilitates passage to the brain, lithium in doses up to 400 times lower than prescribed for mood disorders can halt signs of advanced Alzheimer’s pathology and recover lost cognitive abilities. – Source
12. ‘Sesame Street’ comforts children displaced by Syrian war. – Source
13. A Detroit lady creates coats that turn into sleeping bags for the homeless and has them help make them. – Source
14. With the Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine. – Source
15. Veteran who “just likes dogs” gives $50,000 to Niagara SPCA. – Source
25. Hundreds of people turn up to a farewell terminally-ill dos on final walk.
Typo in this fact 🙂
Is it just me or does the new website format no longer display on smartphones?