Here are this week’s uplifting headlines.
1-5 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
1. Spaying/Neutering is up, animal populations in shelters are down across the U.S. – Source
2. Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless. – Source
3. In a significant public health victory, Mexico has succeeded in eliminating a disease which is the leading cause of blindness worldwide. – Source
4. States are moving to cut college costs by introducing open-source textbooks. – Source
5. Mexican bank intervenes after the woman, 116, deemed ‘too old’ for the card. – Source
6-10 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
6. A schoolboy who lost most of his sight aged 4 can see again thanks to some amazing tech. – Source
7. Retired fireman saved by firefighters he meets every morning for coffee. – Source
8. Metallica helped a Metallica tribute band replace its stolen equipment. – Source
9. A mother carries a baby without a brain to term, so that organs can be donated to other babies in need. – Source
10. Meet Jules Mountain, the cancer survivor who conquered the Everest Avalanche. – Source
11-15 Uplifting Headlines of the Week
11. Wyoming men wear tutus in protest of Senator’s victim-blaming comments. – Source
12. Plastic-eating caterpillars could help get rid of the world’s waste. – Source
13. Bangladeshi girl from a small village who was born with three legs and almost no chance of surviving gets a new lease on life after successful surgery in Australia. She can now walk and run and should live a long healthy life. – Source
14. Pope pays to rent beach space for disabled youths. – Source
15. Boy, 11, gets police escort home after a 3-month stay in the hospital for a baseball-sized brain tumor. – Source
I think the link to Source 14 might be broken
God damn…. that #9 source and corresponding post by the husband.
That’s pretty amazing. Who has that kind of fortitude?? Incredible.