Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Live support chat systems allow the business to see what you’re typing in real-time, so only enter the text you’re 100% comfortable with.
Almost all support live chat systems provide a “Sneak Peek” feature that allows a customer support agent to see what you’re typing in real-time before you submit. This can work against you if you’re negotiating a resolution and type something (however brief) that gets taken the wrong way. Keep your in-progress thoughts outside of the chat!
2. To check if a map is up to date, look for South Sudan.
It is the world’s newest country, gaining its independence from Sudan in 2011.
3. Search on Craigslist in the weeks after Black Friday. Everyone will be selling the things they just upgraded from.
4. If you or someone you know is in high school and wants to get into a good college, you/they might consider taking up the tuba.
Tuba players are heavily recruited by many colleges with marching bands that need people who play this bulky and awkward instrument.
5. Run a digital fire drill once in a while.
If your phone and computer were lost, would you be able to recover all your online accounts, investments, etc.?