Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Librarians aren’t just random people who work at libraries they are professional researchers there to help you find a place to start researching any topic.
2. When putting in time for vacation, always take the day after you get back off.
This will give you a safety net in case your flight is canceled. Otherwise, you get a day to unpack and relax.
3. Shipping boxes for the holiday season.
Many boxes, unfortunately, get damaged daily. Boxes do get tossed and get crushed under the weight of other boxes. This season gets really busy for shipping, so timely service can get chaotic in warehouses.
Remember to pack as tight as you can. Try to make sure no contents shift around inside boxes. (use anything you can find as filler) Use a sturdy box that won’t get crushed by a good amount of weight. Boxes are stacked by making walls. Weak boxes will cave. Use plenty of tapes. Contents do fall out because people actually think a single strip of tape will work. Please remove any other Barcodes besides the actual shipping label. This is so packaged handlers don’t get confused, as well as the automated sorting machines. Make sure the address is correct. Packages get scanned for your tracking updates, if the address is wrong it will read as an error. If you write or put Fragile stickers on your box, it’ll get overlooked. Every other box has that. If you need extra protection, slap Glass stickers on that. Put them everywhere. This certainly grabs the attention of any worker in contact with your box.
4. Keep a note on your phone and add gift ideas to it when friends and family casually mention their interests. It makes gift buying for Christmas and birthdays a hell of a lot easier.
5. When closing Chrome, don’t close use using the X in the top right corner. Instead, click the 3 dots right below the X and click Exit. It’ll save you more RAM and CPU usage.
Clicking exit closes everything related to chrome, not just your browser window.