1. If you’re poor, homeless, just hungry, or know someone who is, go to a Sikh temple for “langar.”
A free meal is served to all the visitors, without distinction of religion, caste, gender, economic status or ethnicity.
You don’t need to be poor or homeless, but this seems like it will benefit those who are the most.
2. If you’re nervous about asking your boss/potential employer about raises/salary, don’t think of them as authority figures you hope will be more generous, think of them as customers who are buying your time.
3. Set the link for a random Wikipedia article as your browsers home page, every time you open the browser you’ll learn something new.
4. If you have pet fur all over your clothes and you don’t have a sticky roller, wet your hands and brush off the fur. Most of it will come off.
5. People want someone to tell them what to do in emergency situations. For example, while performing CPR on someone don’t say “Someone call an ambulance” instead talk to one person and ask him/her to call an ambulance directly.