Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Want a good dog? Take them with you everywhere you go. There is a reason that dogs of street people are amazing, and cooped-up condo dogs are hyperactive spaz dogs.
Ever notice how homeless people who have dogs, their dogs are amazingly calm, follow their owners everywhere? They have life experience. They’ve been out, seen the world a lot, socialized a lot, and just want to follow and hang out with their owners.
2. Every time you are about to buy something, instead decide to save the money, transfer that exact amount to savings with a memo of what you were going to buy.
This gives you immediate positive feedback when you watch your savings grow a little bit, and gives you further incentive to make similar decisions in the future.
3. Think of money in terms of hours. You make $10/hour and wanna buy that $150 coat? Is that coat really worth 15 hours of work?
4. When you break a glass on a hard floor, shine a flashlight parallel to the floor so you can see the shadows of tiny pieces you would otherwise miss.
5. Olive oil dissolves tree sap.
You don’t have to scrub for a week, you actually just need to rub oil on your hands for a minute and then wash it off with soap and all the tree sap will be gone.