1. Find someone’s locked phone? Turn it into their carrier. They will locate the owner by serial number. This will help you return the phone the fastest way to its owner.
2. If you have to cancel plans with someone, immediately ask them when they are free again in the future and make replacement plans. It makes people feel like you do really care about seeing them and you appear less flaky.
3. When buying a used car, start it and rev the engine while you have a friend watch the exhaust. If the exhaust has a blue tint to it, it means the engine is burning oil and you should immediately walk away.
4. On a Windows system, hit Win+R and type “shutdown -t x” where x stands for a time in seconds to automatically shutdown your computer after a given time. Perfect if you just want to finish this one youtube video before going to bed, but tend to usually watch another 20.
5. Just because you got your first well paying job does not mean you need that $700 a month car loan. Save the money and get something that gets you from point A to point B.