Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If you really want to connect with someone, take them for a long, scenic walk. Not being face to face takes some of the pressure off, and the scenery puts you in the right mood to open up.
2. When your ISP raises your bill, call in and say “cancel service” to the automated operator. You’ll be sent to their retention team with no waiting on hold. They will usually take $10-20 off your monthly bill for a year.
3. If an ad on YouTube is unskippable and long, you can tap the (i) in the bottom left-hand corner, then “stop seeing this ad”, then choose irrelevant, repetitive, or inappropriate (all work). It will end immediately and earlier than if you had watched the entire ad.
4. Go to a community college for a few years and then transfer to uni after you reach the maximum transferable credit limits. You’ll save about 50% on tuition depending on your state.
5. If you’re trying to improve, and you know you’re gonna relapse, write a note to yourself saying why you shouldn’t, and why you want to improve. Whenever you feel like you’re gonna fall back, read the note.