Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Modems are the biggest racket in the cable business. Don’t opt for theirs, you pay $12/month for life, as opposed to the one time cost of $30 – $100.
Only set up required is giving the ISP the Mac address on the box, and you don’t have to wait for the installer to come “between 8 am and 2 pm”.
2. If there are no chances for job growth or improvement, it’s time to move on.
You are worth more the more you learn. Otherwise, you are getting paid less the more you know.
3. Rather than shushing someone who’s speaking too loudly, try just talking to them in a much quieter voice. They often pick up on the contrast in volume and self-correct without feeling attacked.
4. Most countries require your passport to be valid for 3-6 months after your scheduled return date (US).
Most countries require that your passports expiration date is at least 3 months after your scheduled return date. Make sure you renew it before you travel even if you have a few months before it expires.
Eg. If you are traveling to France and returning July 21st, your passport has to be valid until October 21st.
5. When applying for a new job take a note/screenshot of the key responsibilities so if you ever need to leave you can copy it and add those to your CV.