Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If somebody comes to your door selling a home security system and asks if you have one, always say yes.
If they ask which company, tell them it’s none of their business.
Many people looking for homes to rob will come to your door asking about security systems. It gives them a chance to case the home and look for weaknesses like if you don’t have a dog or if the house is homed by women or the elderly.
2. Universities like MIT offer free online courses for subjects like Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology and more that include full lectures and exams.
A lot of subjects are covered and it’s all free. Happy learning!
3. Keep life at work professional.
If people start gossip don’t involve yourself. If managers ask you questions come up with positive ways to talk about people. Use neutral words instead of disagreeing. Work hard, then enjoy your separate life outside of work.
4. When buying tickets for a sporting event for a large number of people, buy some of the tickets in the row behind.
There’s nothing worse than being a member of an 8 person social event and being stuck on one end of a row. You never get to speak with the people at the other end. Buying 4 seats in front of 4 seats, for example, makes it easier for everyone to talk to each other.
5. Never stick with at a job or with a company out of loyalty if it means missing out on a good opportunity. No matter how good to you they may be the second you are no longer valuable to them they will lay you off without a second thought.