1. “e.g.” and “i.e.” are not interchangeable. e.g. means “for example,” while i.e. means “in other words.”
2. High schoolers, don’t think you have to go to college to be successful. Not great at school? look at learning a trade. You can make a good, sustainable income as an electrician, plumber, welder, etc. You can enroll in a technical college, or better yet find an apprenticeship at a larger company.
3. If you spot a cockroach larger than 1 inch inside of your house, it’s an outside cockroach that found its way in. If you find a cockroach under 1 inch long, it’s a cockroach that lives in your home and likely has plenty of buddies.
4. Always correct someone privately and one-on-one rather in a group setting. It will save them humiliation and they will have greater respect for you.
5. When the pizza is cut right after cooking, the oils soak into the crust edges and make the slices seem soggy. Order your takeout/delivery pizza uncut and slice it when you eat it, for a crisper, fresher tasting (and perfect size) slice.