Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. When you buy a house change out the water hoses for the washing machine because you never know when they were replaced last and are one of the most common causes of catastrophic water damage in homes.
2. Go for a walk every day. While this sounds ineffective, it actually proves helpful in making yourself more productive and happy and is very effective at doing so.
3. If you’re going to have a surprise party for someone, make sure the cover story has them dressed appropriately.
4. Just because you can get training or a degree in a field doesn’t mean you can get a job doing it. Research your interests before committing to an expensive degree path.
You can look to teachers and professors for advice, and to find contacts in your desired field to ask about employment prospects before you go into debt for an expensive degree.
5. When getting an oil change (or another quick service) at your dealership, turn your phone’s Bluetooth off.
Your phone will automatically connect to your car when the technician starts your car to bring it in for service (yes, your Bluetooth can reach the car 100+ feet away at times). This switches the phone call from your handset to the car, interrupting your phone call.