Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Think twice before buying someone a gift associated with their hobby. Unless you are just as knowledgeable, you will likely buy something they don’t want or need.
2. Instead of buying a card to go with a child’s present get an inexpensive book and write your message inside the cover. It will become part of the gift while still doing what a greeting card would.
3. When starting a new change in your life such as going to the gym or quitting smoking, avoid telling friends or family. Their positive feedback can give you a false feeling of accomplishment tricking you into thinking you have already succeeded which can hinder your efforts to change.
4. If you are nervous walking into a new place with a group of people, make sure you are the first to the building. You can hold the door for everyone else making yourself look kind, yet you will be the last one in and can follow everyone else’s lead.
5. For the students out there studying content heavy subjects. Instead of blindly reading and memorizing, explain the concept out loud to an imaginary audience. This helps you understand the concept better while also testing yourself.
For bonus memory, wait a short while (5-10mins) before reading to check if you were correct. Some studies have shown that testing yourself with delayed feedback leads to better memory than immediate feedback.