Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. No matter how small the job is, wear correct masks/respirators/eye or ear protection. Your future self will thank you.
2. Buy a small bottle of perfume you have never tried on before going for a vacation and use it for while you’re there. At any point after your vacation, you get a sniff of it, it brings back those memories instantly.
Because scents are among the most powerful memory triggers.
3. Use a spent, empty Visa gift card to sign up for all those free 1st month trials. You never have to worry about being overdrafting or your personal info being compromised.
4. If you want to lose weight, keep in mind that you cannot outrun a bad diet. It takes ~3500 calories to burn a pound of fat while running a marathon (26.2 miles) only burns about 2600 calories.
5. If you are buying something high quality, prefer material over the brand. For example, a good merino wool pair of the sock will be almost certainly better than a fancy cotton one. Or a good full grain leather belt will be almost certainly better than a fancy genuine leather one.
Of course, if budget allows, you can choose both material and brand for maximum quality.