1. When planning a garden or backyard, always try to install a few plants native to your area. The local insects and birds have an ecological relationship with those plants, and might not be able to benefit from introduced species. Even a few small plants can help restore biodiversity.
2. As soon as you wake up, do a simple or small chore like making your bed or doing your dishes. Completing a simple task right when you wake up puts you in a more productive mood.
3. One of the first things you should do when moving into a new home is to change the locks. You never know who might have a key to the house in their possession.
4. If you are going on a blind date or meeting someone for the first time in person, set an alarm on your phone that will go off about 25-30 minutes in and have it set to your phone’s ringtone. You can pretend it is a call and be able to have an excuse to leave if you need to without being rude.
5. If you’re heading to a busy cafe or restaurant that doesn’t take bookings arrange to meet your friends at 10 minutes to the hour (9:50 am or 6:50 pm) instead of on the hour. You’ll beat out everyone who arranged to meet on the hour and get seated much sooner.