Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If there is anyone at your job you don’t like, always take special care not to take a vacation at the same time as them. Having toxic/stressful people gone from the office is like a mini vacation by itself that you would miss out on if you are gone.
2. If you have a basil plant take the small fresh leafs first and not the big old ones.
The big leaves are basically the main power source of the plant. Taking all of them weakens the plan and it will slow down the growth. Taking the small ones will declutter the plant and make space for more small leaves. (This just applies to a heavily used plant, not a fresh one where all leaves are big)
3. Use pushups to break unwanted habits. Every time you get the urge to do that unhealthy thing drop and give yourself 10. If you can’t do 10, do 5 or 3 or whatever you can do. You’re not only breaking your old habit but also starting a new, healthy one. It only takes a few seconds to get started!
4. Prepare a duffle bag with a few days clothes, small first aid kit, water, food and snacks, flashlight, batteries, battery-powered radio, pocket knife, trash bags, and toiletries. Put this near the main exit to your residence for emergency purposes. Also, go through it once or twice a year.
5. When making plans: Don’t ask if someone is busy; Ask them if they are free.
If someone needs some time to themselves or are tired, they may not view this time as being “busy” but they wouldn’t consider themselves “free” because they aren’t available to hang out. By asking if they are free, this gets to the heart of the question.