1. When buying a car at a dealership and they leave you alone to talk about it, check their desk phone speaker light. If it is on, they are most definitely listening to your conversation from the back office.
2. Never tell friends and family you’re really into something(collections, movies, fandom) you’ll never receive a gift you like again.
3. Writing a negative Yelp review is easier than writing a positive one because we are motivated to seek justice for being wronged. But try to write good ones when you can. It feels good helping out a business that deserves it.
4. When you apply for a job, save the details of the vacancy for later. Most employees take it offline once they invited some candidates.
5. If you’re in an argument with someone and they admit to being wrong, don’t belittle or rub their nose in it. This can cause people to dig into false beliefs out of misplaced pride or the hope of saving face. It takes courage to admit when you’re wrong and shouldn’t be looked down upon.